Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Learning a lot, part 2

Next layer, personal discipline... As we come along to out last few weeks of our school schedule, I reflect on the fact that we have never been this close to caught up this time of year. I'm sure part of that is due to no longer changing curriculum every 4-6 weeks as we did when we were on the crew. A good bit is due to my sister devoting a hour or two of her mornings to getting school going while I'm down at the PO sorting the village mail. Also, my kids are learning more of the value of independent study, which is one of my favorite by-products of homeschooling. I'm really enjoying our group subjects his year, as we do Apologa Science and America the Beautiful for history. We usually snuggle up on the couch and read together, and on some nicer days, on the trampoline outside.

-update-
We finished school! Friday the 3rd of May, right on schedule for the first time ever. What a great feeling! I had really worried my new job would get in the way, but the discipline of getting going every morning bright and early actually really helped us out. This year I had attempted to leave our sticker charts in lieu of assignment booklets, but everyone complained. The charts went up and a friend from church gave us a LOT of great stickers! It's been a great way to keep track of our progress, and all the stickers are filled in now.

To celebrate school finishing we had an ice cream party at home (due to chicken pox).

One layer down, my thought life has a lot of progress to make....

©2012-2013 Loving and Learning on the High Plains. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.homeschoolhighplains.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...