Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Report Pt. 1

I know there hasn't been much posted here for a few weeks. We have been thoroughly enjoying our family time during the Christmas season. :) The usual hustle and bustle, but we enjoy every moment.

This week we've all been down with virus, so I've had time to work on our Christmas letter. This year we did it newspaper style with each family member doing their own article. I'll be sharing it here with you in installments each day, enjoy!

Current Events by Laura:

  • In January I was able to fly to Pennsylvania to welcome my new neice, Charis.
  • This spring we were able to spend a week in Kansas City while Ben attended more railroad training. We really enjoyed taking in the museums. We were also blessed to visit Ben's grandma, Beth Leggott, on our way home.
  • This year we were able to use and review 39 new homeschool curriculum through The Old Schoolhouse Review Crew. 
  • This spring I attened a record number of births as a Doula (birth coach). Each was beautiful and precious.
  • This summer included many trips to Eastern Nebraska while helping Ben's folks move out of their lake house. 
  • In September we enjoyed a short vacation camping at the lake.
  • In the fall we were blessed to have Jessica, my sister, move in with us while attending college locally. 
  • In October I started a job with the USPS, just working 2 hours per morning at our little village PO. 
  • We are still homeschooling; Jessica teaches the first two hours, and I teach the rest of the school day.
  • Ben got a nice buck this rifle season, and Tyler shot a tender doe (beause he knows that's what I like!).
  • We enjoyed a quiet Thanksgiving at home with my grandma, Bettie King, here with us.
  • The most blessed events always surround our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and we are blessed to celebrate His birth. Merry Christmas!




©2012-2013 Loving and Learning on the High Plains. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.homeschoolhighplains.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...