Wednesday, April 10, 2013

After Hours



Monday night we had a blizzard (and all day Tuesday). Hubby was at work and had to drive home in it. What normally takes him 45 minutes, took him 6 hours. He couldn't see the road and had to just stop for a bit to calm his nerves. There were cars and trucks littering the ditches. He picked up a stranded co-worker and took him home too. Not far from where he works another stranded motorist left her car. She was only a mile from home they say. She never got there. *sigh*

Needless to say I couldn't sleep until he was home. It was a very late night.

Lots of praying. Lots of drop-to-your-knees-where-you-stand kind of praying.
Lots of nervous housework.
Made some awesome cinnamon rolls.
Talked to a friend until the wee hours.

I'm so thankful God brought him home! We have been snowed in for two days. It's hard to believe we were planting the spring garden last week. I will post snow and garden pictures soon, I promise. (Yes, those things go together here in Nebraska).

So what do you do after dark? I really should go to bed. But I don't.

Blessings, Laura

©2012-2013 Loving and Learning on the High Plains. All rights reserved. All text, photographs, artwork, and other content may not be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written consent of the author. http://www.homeschoolhighplains.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...