Monday, February 25, 2013

X is for X-Ray



Last weekend my grandma fell and broke her wrist. I watched as the doctor took x-rays while he was setting it. Ouch! With today's technology he was able to take so many quick little shots it was like having x-ray vision as he worked. I would covet your prayers for her recovery. After all that we are glad she doesn't glow in the dark!

It got me to thinking how I wish I had x-ray vision. How I wish that I could see if the work I'm doing to teach my kids was really making a difference on the inside, instantly. Are these principles and practices really getting to the heart of the matter? Is this going to work out?

The doctor then put on a splint to hold the bone, so it will grow and fuse in the right angle. If it doesn't, her wrist won't have full motion. In the same way, how can I tether my growing children's hearts to God... so that they bend toward him, and reach their full potential, as He designed?

1 Samuel 16:7 
"For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance,but the Lord looks at the heart."

And aren't we the most pliable for this kind of training when we are broken? I pray that  my children will incline their hearts to him without that kind of pain, but I know for myself, it is often what it has taken...

Psalm 51: 16-17 
"For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart—
These, O God, You will not despise."




Blogging Through the Alphabet

2 comments:

  1. Aw, praying for your grandmother. Praying her wrist heals properly, and quickly. I like your analogy.

    ReplyDelete

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...