Monday, August 20, 2012

Getting Ready for Homeschool

One of my goals this week is to get our school assigment charts all made up and filled with assignments. The hardest part is deciding how long our school year should run and how many days off for Holidays and such. This year I had a hard time finding time to get into my favorite teacher store, so I wasn't able to find the charts I normally use. I thought it would save time not to make another trip to "town" to just use a ruler and make my own charts. WOW, that took a bit! But don't they look nice?



Click here to read about how we assign our school work. This year the kids decorated their own charts!


I also got my pushpin board back on the "school" wall (err.... dining room) and filled it with flashcards for our Awana memorization. I am going to add to our Bible curriculum this year, as I think we need a little more history/survey of the Bible.. but for memorization motivation, AWANA is tops. :)


How are you getting ready for school? May I humbly suggest you begin with this "must do before school" list?

2 Timothy 2:15 (NASB) Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

1 comment:

  1. Great Job! I'm going through some of those same thoughts/decisions right now too. It is a challenge, but exciting to head into a new year with a fresh start and enthusiasim.

    ReplyDelete

I always wonder if my words are encouraging to you, so please leave a comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...